The Center for the Study of Democracy and Governance (CSDG) with the support of the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Tirana has initiated the Albanian Security Barometer (ASB). The ASB is a new innovative project which brings to the public debate the attitudes and perceptions of Albanian citizens on various aspects of security through a national public survey.
Some of the main policy issues by which this first edition of the ASB has been guided are:
- definition of the main security threats at different levels,
- the influence on Albania’s security by various actors,
- the satisfaction with the performance of security and justice institutions in addressing the identified security threats and risks,
- policy approaches to improving security delivery,
- perceived levels of corruption and trust on security and justice institutions,
- attitudes towards NATO and EU in relation to Albania’s security,
- perceptions on how Albania’s performance in meeting EU standards particularly with regard to building a professional and independent public administration and fighting corruption and organised crime.